facebook icon youtube icon
image image image image image
ADMISSIONS
PLATFORMS
FAQ'S
NEWSLETTER
CODE OF
CONDUCT
ACCREDITATION
BODIES
SCHOOL
MENU
SCHOOL
INFORMATION
NEWS
HOME > ABOUT US > OUR SCHOOL
<
OUR SCHOOL
Our School Bernardette Romeira International School is a private international school for students aged 3-16, with the Operating Permit No. 11/DREAlg (Faro, July 23, 2004). It is housed in a purpose-built, fully equipped new building located in the city of Olhão, about 10km from Faro, 28 km from Tavira and about 34km from Villamoura. Its facilities are comprehensive and comply with all the necessary requirements of the Portuguese Ministry of Education.

The curriculum and pedagogical offer are in alignment with the Portuguese Ministry of Education guidelines.

Colégio Bernardette Romeira is a Cambridge Learning Partner - Cambridge International School, and teaches its English Studies programme and the English language in Portuguese Studies according to the Cambridge Curriculum and its innovative teaching methodologies.

The name of the school pays tribute to its founder, Bernardette de Jesus Romeira, native of Olhão, teacher and a pioneer in education in the areas of Olhão and S. Brás de Alportel. Together with her husband, the conductor José Belchior Viegas, she started her educational project in 1949 in Externato Dr. João Lúcio, in Olhão which marked the beginning of a long professional and personal journey at the service of the community and, primarily, at the service of education. Her experience went on to include Externato de S. Brás de Alportel (1957), the Colégio de Algarve (70’s), in Faro and in the International School of Vilamoura (80’s).

In September 2001, at 83 years old, and when her teaching career seemed to have reached a conclusion, she founded Colégio Bernardette Romeira to pass on to her descendants the continuation and future development of her innovative educational project. A project which goal is to offer the community excellence in education and which foundations lie on the principle of serving others; to educate for Freedom and Independence.

Operating Permit No. 11/DREAlg (July 23, 2004)



The Founder,




Maria Margarida Belchior