Admissions for the 2021/2022 school year at CBR are open.
Colégio Bernardette Romeira
is a is a private international school for students from Nursery/Early Years to Primary and Middle School. It is housed in a purpose-built, fully equipped new building located in the city of Olhão - a small traditional town located about 10km from Faro, 28km from Tavira and 34km from Vilamoura.
We believe that arts, sports and IT enhance and improve academic learning, which is why we promote and encourage a transdisciplinary approach to teaching and learning in our curriculum. Our Educational Project «Being a World Citizen»
encourages the whole school community to commit in helping students realise the importance of their choices, both on an individual and a global scale.More than a school, we aim to be a family
for our students and families: a team of excellent professionals that parents can trust their child to, whose main goal is the academic, social and personal development of their students. Our transdisciplinary approach and projects ensure that students reach their academic goals, and know how to apply that knowledge in the real world. This year, become part of the CBR Family.
What we offer
- State-of-the-art education in two curricula: Portuguese Studies (up to Grade 9) and International Studies (up to Grade 6).
- Portuguese as Second Language classes in International Studies.
- English learning in Portuguese Studies according to Cambridge English and Cambridge Language Certification at the end of Grades 4, 6 and 9.
- A wide variety of Curriculum Enrichment Activities and Artistic Education Complementary Activities.
- A Music Programme with individual instrument classes (guitar, drums, ukulele, bass, clarinet, flute, singing, and more) and a joint School Band.
- A Cultural and Sports Association with award-winning Karate, Basketball and Swimming teams.
- Ceramics, Robotics and Journalism Clubs, as well as Creative Writing Classes.
- A Technical and Pedagogical Office with Psychology and Guidance Services for all students, Special Education and Therapy Services.
- An open, transparent communication channel between school and parents.
- ClassDojo platform integration for Pre-School to Grade 4 students, where parents are able to follow their child's day, class activities, field trips and more.
- INOVAR platform for Grades 1-9 students, where parents are able to consult their child's grades, school performance, and personalized reports.
- Regular, personalized metings with Head Teachers and Headmasters.
- Summer, Winter, Carnaval and Easter Break Activities Programmes.
- A Programme of educational and dynamic activities adapted to the occasion.
- Field trips to discover the town and the local environment.
- Sports in collaboration with local entities (horseback riding, kayaking, sailing...).
How you can enroll
Fees • School Regulations • Code of Conduct
Online Enrolment • At-School Enrolment Form