Being a Citizen of the World
is an Educational Project that aims to educate a community of global citizens by providing them with opportunities to reach their full potential and inspire them to make a positive difference in a changing world. CBR, as an educational establishment, has the mission of cultivating the intellect, passion and imagination of our students, helping them to develop a taste for learning so that they engage productively and creatively as global citizens who value and respect diversity. To support the fulfillment of the mission, the following attributes of the student were identified:
CBR's values ??are intrinsic to our educational action and based on the values ??of the student's profile at the end of compulsory education:
- Knowledge: culture of knowledge, scientific and philosophical curiosity, work, methodological rigor and responsibility for learning;
- Citizenship and participation: active participation in the educational community, guided by the values ??of dialogue, transparency, cooperation, solidarity, efficiency and responsibility.
- Inclusion: creating opportunities for differentiation for school success, as well as gender equality;
- Educational quality: promotion of a culture of quality and excellence at the educational and organizational level.
OPTIONS AT A PEDAGOGICAL AND METHODOLOGICAL LEVEL
- Valuing and promoting cooperative work (the teacher as a partner, animator and mediator of projects, processes and learning situations);
- Curriculum management in order to adapt it to the situations and specificities of contexts and real situations, multilevel intervention, as well as differentiated Study Plans (Portuguese and International English-speaking);
- Stimulation in students of not only cognitive skills, but also of personal, relational and social development, through interdisciplinary work and the promotion of research and project work;
- Family and Community Involvement in the educational process;
- Valuing learning, whether in the cognitive, psychomotor, or psycho-affective domain, that is, valuing knowledge, skills and attitudes/values ??in all areas of knowledge;